Seeking candidates to work within a highly focused team to provide administrative and operational support. The ideal candidate will be organized and efficient and will ensure our communications are swift, effective and informative for internal and external stakeholders.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of results and impact of regular projects and programs and for providing a basis for evidence-based decision making on necessary amendments and improvements to assistance interventions. In addition, s/he will promote accountability for resource use and document, provide feedback on and disseminate lessons learned. In accordance with the established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up the monitoring and evaluation system:
- Develop the overall framework of the monitoring and evaluation activities
- Clarify the responsibilities and prepare the work plan and the detailed budget for the monitoring and evaluation activities
- Supervise the work of the Monitoring and Evaluation office staff; provide guidance and technical support
- Guide and coordinate the review of program log frames including: (i) providing technical advice for the revision of performance indicators; (ii) ensuring that realistic intermediate and end-of-program targets are defined; (iii) conducting a baseline study on monitoring and evaluation; (iv) identifying sources of data, collection methods and resources needed and related cost;
- Review and provide feedback to programs on the quality of methodologies established to collect monitoring data, and document the protocols that are in place for the collection and aggregation of this data;
- Establish an effective system for assessing the validity of monitoring and evaluation data through a review of activities/installations, completed monitoring forms/databases, and a review of aggregate level statistics reported;
- Implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities: Oversee and execute the monitoring and evaluation activities included in the FIP, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning;
- Coordinate the preparation of all monitoring and evaluation reports; guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission;
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for the Management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations;
- Undertake regular visits to the fields to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation, check the quality of data produced, and to identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations with Program Managers;
- Facilitate, act as resource person, and join if required any external supervision and evaluation missions
- Consolidate a culture of lessons learning involving all project's staff and allocate specific responsibilities
Professional Knowledge and Experience:
- A university degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, economics or related field;
- Two or more years work experience in planning processes, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building in large governmental or international organization;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Urdu. Sindhi is not necessary but highly recommended.
- Supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening staff capacity;
- Leadership qualities, personnel and team management including mediation and conflict resolution;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of advanced statistics and research methodology including skills in sampling techniques and use of computer software for statistical and other relevant applications;
- Proven skills in critical thinking, assessment and analysis; strong competency in conceptualizing and designing strategic frameworks;
- Excellent communication, team building and training skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in and outside the Agency; ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation.
- Fluency in English, Urdu and Sindhi
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Human Resources may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualification, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience. NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com